Welcome to my blog about health, nursing, caring, kindness and positive change. Our world is full of such negative influences and bad choices, today is the day to make a positive change both physically and mentally in your life.
ERNursesCare is a blog incorporating my nearly 30 years of experience in the healthcare field with my passion for helping others, I want it to encourage others with injury prevention, healthy living, hard hitting choices, hot topics and various ramblings from my unique sense of humor. Come along and enjoy your journey......

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little Known Danger In Your Household

Coin lithium button batteries can cause severe injuries when swallowed.

If you have spent anytime around young children you know that most things end
up in their.........mouth (or sometimes ears). So what is the big deal about swallowed objects? don't they just come out the "other end"? Depends, on the size,
the object itself and where it might get lodged.
Look at this Xray and tell me what you see:

Electronic devices are a part of daily life. And they’re getting smaller, slimmer and sleeker. But inside the battery compartment of mini remote controls, small calculators, watches, key fobs, flame-less candles, singing greeting cards and other electronics, may be a very powerful coin-sized button battery. When swallowed, these batteries can get stuck in the throat and cause severe burns. Small children often have easy access to these devices, and many parents do not know there is a risk.

Energizer is proud to be part of a new partnership addressing the safety issue of children swallowing coin-size button batteries. Swallowing a battery can cause serious health problems for your child. More than 3,400 lithium batteries were swallowed in 2010 and they can be found in many common household devices.

Learn more about lithium battery safety at http://www.thebatterycontrolled.com.

More important facts about battery safety Here 

Thank you to  Energizer and Safe Kids USA, for being committed to helping parents prevent children from swallowing coin-sized button batteries.

Please be aware of the dangers around your household, pay close attention to those little munchkins that have a fascination for all things, and keep them safe.

Take the pledge here
Secure your devices and get counted here 
Share this with your family and friends here  

1 comment:

  1. This article is really good, I like it so much, there are some nice things you share in your blog. Damiana


If you like this post let me know by commenting, follow me on Facebook and Twitter (ERNursesCare) ~~ Leslie


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Care to Share!