~

Welcome to my blog about health, nursing, caring, kindness and positive change. Our world is full of such negative influences and bad choices, today is the day to make a positive change both physically and mentally in your life.
ERNursesCare is a blog incorporating my nearly 30 years of experience in the healthcare field with my passion for helping others, I want it to encourage others with injury prevention, healthy living, hard hitting choices, hot topics and various ramblings from my unique sense of humor. Come along and enjoy your journey......

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Linkedin Zombie attack!!



Online safety is just as important as your personal safety, as they will merge together eventually and wreak havoc on your psychological life, I know it freaks me out to think of someone getting into my stuff. Worry can overcome our daily routines and keep us from enjoying our life.
So when I was alerted that my Linkedin account could have possibly have been compromised it upset my "psychie", I changed my password immediately as all is well with the leaky world for this moment in the continum of the internet. Darn hacking spammer zombies!

It’s not known if the leaked passwords were connected to the related emails, but LinkedIn has deactivated the accounts and is sending emails to the users. IMPORTANT POINT: Be VERY careful about any emails you receive from anyone right now claiming to be LinkedIn! When in doubt, go to the LinkedIn homepage to log in.
Now, let’s review best password practices, shall we?

The easiest trick of course is to include the following in your passwords:
• a capital letter
• a symbol
• be eight characters long or more
It’s also considered smart policy to NOT use any words in your password. LinkedIn offers some great tips in their blog post about the security breach.
So go now and change that password, chase away the zombies while you are at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like this post let me know by commenting, follow me on Facebook and Twitter (ERNursesCare) ~~ Leslie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Care to Share!